Here are 10 reasons why you, as a manager, should care about unit tests. It’s a summary of this series of 12 articles on unit tests for managers.
Evaluate Your Position
First a little test for you to determine your situation on unit tests.
[table id=2 /]
- It’s cheaper than integration or regression tests
- It’s cheaper than correcting bugs
- It makes maintenance cheaper and less dangerous
- It’s more motivating/challenging for your team
- You look
- In case of turnover or holiday, any dev can modify/read the work of other with confidence
- It should come before coding
- It assures stability
- It’s a non-bullshit metric for quality
- It’s more accurate than specifications
I’m sure they are many other points to add. Any idea ?