I’m currently reading 10 Days to Faster Reading. It’s great to see improvement while reading. A stopwatch is needed, so I can’t read exactly when I want.
The moments where I have time to read is actualy : in my car, while shaving, while cleaning dishes… That’s when I can’t hold a book, but when my mind is free and I’m alone. The two essential condition to me for reading.
This is why I decided to listen to the books of the PMBA list (at least those I can find in audio form).
So far I’ve listened to :
- The 48 Laws of Power (2 times),
- The Power of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential…in Business and in Life (2 times),
- How to Win Friends and Influence People (just finished today while going to work).
Out of the PMBA I also listened to
- “Cult Holmes” (funny for a fan of Sherlock Holmes like me)
- “How to get anyone to do anything” (not so good).
Today I began Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High.
That’s magic. 5 books in 3 weeks ! And I’ll never be bored again in traffic jams.
Of course I still love to read the normal way. I will finish “faster reading” to be able to continue without distractions. I received “Strenght finder 2.0” wich I’m eager to read too.
And you ? What do you read ? Do you listen to books ? When is the most favorable time to read for you ?