Still on my frenetic audio book sprint I finished in 2 weeks :
- Crucial Conversations
- Made to Stick
- The Goal
- The 7-Habits Of Hightly Effective People
Actually with this method you can rapidely be overwhelmed. You shall :
- Only listen in your car (I listen while shaving and dish washing but it’s to much.)
- Slow down some times by not listening for one day. Just taking time to think.
- Review it by writing a small article on each book. Even if somebody else did it.
- Use a spreadsheet or any other mean to keep track of what you read. Otherwise you will loose sense of priority. In my Excel page for the Personal MBA I also put price of the books, and rate my desire to read them from 0 to 3. Then I can sort to determine what will be my next reading/listening.
- Read a book in parallel (fiction is a good idea to breathe a little).
I apply only a few of this tips for the moments. But writing them today helps me realize what I should do.
I’m listening to Pamela Slim’s” Escape from cubicle nation”. And I’m reading “Strength finder 2.0”.
And you ? What are you listening ? If you are following the PMBA program, what is you strategy ? Do you read by price/availability or just in random order or by category ? I’m really curious about it.